lead by Stephen Clark
Inspiration for Flute Players of All Ages!
• Choose from Practice, Composing and Ensemble Workshops
• Try Piccolo, Alto, Bass & Contra Bass Flute
• Q&As and performance with Stephen Clark
• Join a Flute Choir from 6.15pm
Lead by Stephen Clark
with Just Flutes, Yamaha & Cumbria Music Hub
For Flute Players of All Ages!
• Take part in an ensemble Workshop with Stephen Clark
• Take part in a creative practice workshop using a composing app with Helen Foster
• Try out other members of the Flute family – Piccolo, Alto, Bass and Contra
• Join in Ensemble playing (for all standards 6.15pm))
• Participate in a question & answer session with Stephen
• Hear Stephen Clark play
• Find out more about playing opportunities in your area (WYO, CYO & Flutes & Co, Kendal Young Wind Band)
Stephen started the flute aged 14. He was born in Glasgow and is now proud to be the Ambassador for the Scottish Music for Youth Initiative. He is in huge demand as a soloist, giving more than 150 performances each year around the world. As one of the few students of flute legend Sir James Galway, he has performed in 128 countries, across 7 continents, in major concert halls, festivals and as a soloist with orchestras internationally. Stephen is a Yamaha artist and plays a gold flute.
Just Flutes Travelling showroom open 3.30 – 8pm
The award winning specialist flute retailer Just Flutes will be providing a Travelling showroom for instruments, accessories and music.
They will also be available from evening of the 4th March in Kendal for anyone who would like to trial Head joints / instruments. Please contact the shop in advance if you are interested in this and contact 02086628400)
Arthur Haswell will be available for minor flute repairs and advice on servicing.
Kindly supported by Arts Council England, Yamaha, Just Flutes and Mary Wakefield Festival
We are delighted to welcome back our summer tutor, Joe Browne, to lead all the sessions this academic year
Dates: 28 September, 2 November, 25 January, 14 March, 2 May, 20 June. There is a possible residential on 11 – 12 July.
New students are welcome