Big Sing KS2
Big Sing KS2 2023 - I Am The Earth
We are delighted to invite you to join us in our Big Sing for Key Stage 2 pupils! Our theme for this year is I Am The Earth, focusing on our responsibility to our world and nature. Schools will have the opportunity to sing together and perform on their own in this half day workshop.
Our musical focus is Singing in Harmony as well as Living in Harmony, with everyone rehearsing different parts of the musical jigsaw, only to create something extraordinary when we put the pieces together.
Dates and Venues
18 April Ulverston The Parish Church
24 April Kendal The Town Hall
2 May Barrow The Forum - Theatre
22 May Penrith St Andrew's Church
24 May Appleby Public Hall
25 May Carlisle St John The Evangelist Church
20 June Workington Carnegie Theatre
21 June Millom Beggar's Theatre
We will provide children and schools with:
- a safe environment for students to sing together
- an opportunity to perform to a wider audience
- the experience of singing in ensembles with other young singers around the county
- an opportunity to work with professional singers and composers
How will it work on the day?
- A half day workshop with opportunities to sing as a school and with other schools
- Professional musicians and an experienced singing leader to enthuse children and teachers alike.
- Amalgamation of rehearsed aspects that make a complete and beautiful harmonic experience
- Additional activities based on the theme, led by us, will be rehearsed on the day
What does the cost include?
The cost is £100 per group of 35
(Please contact your hub area leader if more or fewer numbers)
- An online Teachers’ Workshop, to give information and details of any preparation
- Resources Support before the event, if required, to prepare for the workshop.
- Top class event leaders to enthuse and encourage children and teachers alike.
The Big Sing 2023 will also:
- increase pupils’ performance skills
- boost confidence
- create links between schools in your area
- encourage students to work as a team
Big Play 2023 Evaluation
Event Evaluation form for participants.