Cumbria Sings brings together children, families and schools from all over Cumbria to join in our songs, and be part of our online videos. We had a wonderful response to our first song ‘It’s Ok (Please Just Say)’. We are inviting you to join in the second part of our Cumbria Sings Trilogy, featuring a song called ‘Wish’. As we come out of lockdown what are your wishes and dreams?
Listen to a clip of the Song:
How to take part:
- Learn to sing the song, play your instrument or perform body percussion
- Create and record a rap that could be used as an introduction to the song (see #MidweekMusic to find out out about creating your own rap)
- Video your whole performance and upload here before 30th April 2021
- We’ll collate your uploaded videos to create a YouTube video featuring our fantastic musicians from across Cumbria
Who can take part?
- Whole classes in schools singing or playing, including First Access classes
- School choirs
- Instrumentalists – individuals or small groups. Parts for easy guitar, keyboard, strings, brass and woodwind are provided
- Singers – individuals or small groups
- Body percussion or drumming groups
Get started:Register Here for free access to the resources to learn the song.
This includes instrumental parts, backing tracks and lyrics. Registration for students at home must be completed by a parent/carer.Visit #MidweekMusic for additional activities, including how to compose a rap. Upload Here to share your recordings and videos by 30 April.
- Please use headphones when recording your song performance so we can hear just you and not the backing track.
- If you have an external microphone, please use it.
- Film in landscape mode if you are using a phone or tablet device.
- Think about what will appear in the shot. Can we see you clearly?
- Try to look at the camera lens and smile. Making eye contact will really engage.
- Try to make the resolution of the video at least 720p but preferably 1080p
- Make practice recordings so you are used to being filmed and let them listen and watch their practice performances as it will really help the end product
- Give it your all!