Music doesn’t just have to be a hobby. With around 146,000 people employed in the UK music industry [Creative & Cultural Skills 2012] there are all sorts of opportunities to pursue a career in music.
With jobs ranging from musician to music therapist, teacher to studio sound engineer and employers including the BBC, NHS, local government, charities, recording and publishing companies, it’s worth finding out more:
- Creative Choices – help and advice for your creativse career.
- ISM (Incorporated Society of Muscians) – a good list of possible careers in music.
- Prospects Careers – lot of information about jobs for music graduates.
- Careers in Music – the best opportunities, resources and advice to help you succeed in today’s music business.
- The Big Music Project – a site to help you get into the music industry.
- Help Musicians – as well as helpful information about music careers, Help Musicians has comprehensive directory of funding sources.
- Royal Air Force Music vacancies