MIDAS: Support for your school
Music Improvement, Development and Support (MIDAS) Visits
Cumbria Music Hub delivers personalised advice to schools through a programme of music support visits.
we have carried out over 300 reviews with primary and secondary schools across the county. Headteachers and Music Co-ordinators have found the process useful for planning their music offer and identifying CPD needs.
What is a MIDAS visit?
Short for 'Music improvement, development and support' a MIDAS visit is a one-to-one session to help you evaluate your school's musical provision, plan for its development and identify relevant opportunities from CMH.
How does it work?
- We will get in touch to offer you a visit or online review, or you can ask for one by contacting
- We’ll arrange to meet your Music Coordinator and/or Head for a conversation of up to an hour guided by a nationally accredited self-assessment document
- The programme is funded by the grant we receive from the DfE managed by Arts Council England, so there is no cost to your school
- This process is completely confidential between your school and our Hub representative
- We use the recommendations from each review to plan and develop our response to school needs
What are the benefits?
- Manageable, tailored objectives for moving forward
- You will also receive a year’s membership to Music Mark and use of their logo, paid for by us